Thursday, December 17

Real music

This song "Strong Peru" gives a glimpse into 
the Peruvian experience, and the pride many who've 
left still have for their country.

Peru Bravo
[Acoustic] Es el flow de peruanos, estilo de limeños, 
It's the flow of Peruvians, the style of Limenians, 
vamos que romperla así
we're gonna break it like this.

[Sola] Mi tierra, mi sangre, mi paz y mi guerra
My land, my blood, my peace and my war
Los tantos recuerdos que queman 
The many memories that burn
Quisiera contarte mi amor y mis penas 
I would like to tell you my love and my sorrows
Y lo que el viento no se lleva
And what the wind doesn't take with it.

[Youngsta] Crecí en un barrio humilde así como otro cualquiera
I grew up in a humble neighborhood like any other person
Desde chico supelo que es ectaxis marihuana era 
As a boy I knew what ecstasy and marijuana were
Cemento roto cuando caminaba por la acera 
Broken cement as I walked on the sidewalk
Siempre ambulantes ocupando la cuadra entera
Ambulances always occupying the whole block
Los crimenes en mi distrito eran algo diario 
Crime in my district was a daily thing
Y en mi vecindario las madres rezan rosarios
And in my neighborhood the mothers pray with rosaries.
Encomendándoles sus hijos al señor para no verlos en cárcel 
Entrusting their sons to God so they wouldn't see them in jail 
acusados por sicarios
assaulted by hit men

La pobreza el símbolo de hambre y tristeza
Poverty, the symbol of hunger and sadness
Sinónimo de no tener un pan sobre la mesa 
Synonymous of not having bread on the table
Por eso hay varones que prefieren el robo porque  
That's why there's guys that prefer to rob because
no encuentran trabajo
they can't find work,
Y mendigar es para bobos 
And begging is for fools.

Puedes encontrar paredes pintadas de amenazas 
You can find walls painted with threats
Doctores e ingenieros manejando taxi en plazas 
Doctors and engineers driving taxis in the plazas.
Debido al sistema todo el mundo está en la ñuña 
Thanks to the system everyone is in the ______?
Por eso lloro cuando soplo mi zampoña 
That's why I cry when I blow my zampoña (flute)
Pero por más problemas que mi patria siempre tenga
But for all the problems that my country always has
Yo represento Lima
I represent Lima
venga lo que venga
come what may.

Mi historia es mucho más que corrupciones gobernamentales 
My history is much more than government corruption
Mas que exportación de coca dentro de tamales
More than coca exported inside tamales
Está basada en riquezas naturales, musica criolla, carnavales
It's based in natural wealth, Criolle music and Carnaval
En Costa, Sierra y Selva y bellezas naturales 
The coast, the highlands and jungle and natural beauty
Como el Macchupicchu centro del Tahuantinsuyo
Like Machu Picchu centered in Tawantinsuyu,
Imperio de los Incas y lo digo con orgullo 
the Incan Empire, and I say with pride,
Casa de Tupac Amaru, el quechua y el aymara 
the home of Tupac Amaru, Quechua and Aymara

Y estos hechos dieron fuerzas para que yo hasta cantara 
And these facts give me strength enough to sing
Y empezara mis huellas dejara, fronteras pasara 
And start to leave my footprints through borders
Con Sola y Fakta cantara, mi patria representara 
With Sola and Fakta singing, my country represents
Peruanos con sabiduría real y fulgor 
Peruvians with real wisdom and brilliance
Te sigo Peru bravo en la alegría y el dolor
I follow you strong Peru through the happiness and the pain
Por siempre, tu sabes, te sigo Peru bravo en la alegría y el dolor
Forever, you know, I follow you strong Peru in happiness & pain

[Sola] Mi tierra, mi sangre, mi paz y mi guerra
My land, my blood, my peace and my war
Los tantos recuerdos que queman 
The many memories that burn
Quisiera contarte mi amor y mis penas 
I would like to tell you my love and my sorrows
Y lo que el viento no se lleva
And what the wind doesn't take with it.
Flor de la Canela, sabor del manjar
The "Flor de la Canela," the flavor of caramel
El tiempo pasa más lento en mi hogar
The time passes slower in my home 
Calores más libres, susurro del mar 
Freer warmth, the whisper of the ocean
Las luces de la avenida Petit Thouars
The lights on Petit Thouars avenue

I didn't translate the last verse because it's the "shout out" 
to themselves part of the song and was harder to translate, 
but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment